Last Updated: April 6th, 2023Go back
- Withdrawing Your Consent. You can withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your information at any time. However, in some cases withdrawing consent will mean that we can no longer provide you with certain services or perform certain tasks where the information is required to do so. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us and, subject to any legal constraints, we will comply with your request.
- What information DO we collect and why
- When You Provide Information To. We collect the personal information you provide us, such as when you: (a) create an account; (b) use our services; (c) fill out a form; (d) request products or services; (e) visit our website; (f) sign up for special offers or complete a survey; or (g) communicate with us, including by phone, email, video call, messaging, or social media. This information usually includes contact information like your name, address, email, and phone number. It may also include account and demographic information, employment information, and any other information you choose to provide. We use this information to:
- (a) provide our products and services;
- (b) processs payments;
- (c) operate our business and improve our products and services;
- (d) identify and authenticate you;
- (e) communicate with you about our products or services and provide you with information about them that may be of interest to you;
- (f) analyze and improve the functionality of our website;
- (g) protect the rights, property, and safety of Tofu, our employees, or other stakeholders;
- (h) prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns and illegal activity including fraud; and
- (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- When You Visit Our Website. We may use a number of cookies and analytics tools that collect personal information when you visit the website or consent to receive our marketing emails. When you visit the website, this includes information about how you use the website, information about your device and browser, your IP address, and the web pages you visited before and after visiting the website. We use this information to:
us) collects and uses personal
information through our services and websites, however accessed.
an identifiable individual (sometimes called
your information). By using our
providing your personal information to us, you agree to our handling of personal information
out in this
Tofu's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy , including the Limited Use requirements.
- (a) communicate with you about our products or services and provide you with information about them that may be of interest to you;
- (b) analyze and improve the functionality of our website and marketing efforts;
- (c) improve our products, services, and business; and
- (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of Tofu, our employees, or other stakeholders.
- We may share your information to deliver our products or services or to enhance your customer experience. More specifically, we share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) other users of the services, such as a recruiter or referrer, as part of our delivery of the services;
- (b) with third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as payment processor, website hosting, marketing, product and service delivery, or analytics services;
- (c) with business partners where it is relevant to a potential or actual business transaction, such as the sale of part or all of Tofu, a merger, acquisition, or corporate reorganization;
- (d) to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns or illegal activity including fraud;
- (e) protect the rights, property, and safety of Tofu, our employees, or other stakeholders; and
- (f) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- (a) We may use “cookies” and similar technologies such as web beacons, clear gifs, and embedded scripts on this website. Cookies are essentially small packages of data stored on your internet browser that tell us about your browsing behaviour on this website and sometimes other sites. We use both session and persistent cookies. We also use both first and third-party cookies. We use that information to monitor the usage of our website and improve it, enable certain website functions, and perform analytics. We may also use this information to improve our marketing and deliver advertisements to you.
- (b) Many web browsers provide the capability to configure your cookie settings including disabling or deleting them. Please note that if you choose to block all cookies, you may not be able to access or use all or parts of our website and/or parts of our website may not function properly. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, check the support pages for your browser or AllAboutCookies.org
- We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and/or alteration of your information. We utilize industry standard storage and protection procedures in order to safeguard personal information on servers that are not accessible to the public. No data storage or transmission plan is without risk. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Some of our service providers and business partners may be based outside of Canada. This means your information may be accessible to law enforcement authorities outside of your jurisdiction, in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction.
- We only keep your information as long as it is operationally or legally necessary. After that, we will either destroy or anonymize your information.
- Accessing Your Information. To request access to your personal information or to correct or delete your personal information, submit a written request by contacting us. Ensure that the request identifies yourself, the information you want to review, and how we can contact you. We may not be able to fulfill your entire request, depending on the circumstances, and there may be a charge for copies of your personal information.
- Correcting Your Information. We will make reasonable efforts to keep your information current and accurate. If a change or correction is required, let us know right away. We will make any appropriate updates needed. You can review your personal information by accessing your account, reviewing the correspondence we send to you, or requesting access to your personal information, as described above.
- Basis for Lawful Processing. European data protection laws require us to be specific about our reasons or grounds for using your personal information. We process the personal information of individuals located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the UK on these grounds:
- (a) Consent. When you have provided your consent to our collection of your information.
- (b) Service performance. When we need to perform the service you have requested or have agreed to through contract.
- (c) Legitimate interests. When we have a legitimate business or commercial reason for using your information, and your interests and your fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- (d) Legal obligation. When we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- (a) Restrict processing. The right to request that we limit or cease the processing of your information.
- (b) Portability. The right to request that we transfer your information that we have collected to another organization or directly to you.
- If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- (a) You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- (b) You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- (c) You can ask that we stop selling your personal information (although as noted we do not currently sell personal information to third parties.)
- Our website may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. We do not have any control over such websites, and, therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which the organizations that operate such linked websites may collect, use, disclose, or otherwise treat your personal information.
- Please contact us if you:
- (b) would like to request access to your personal information; or
- (c) want to correct or delete your personal information.